The association Rotary Medien Schweiz/Liechtenstein, which is responsible for the members' magazine as well as the club software, is enlarging its team: it is looking for comrades-in-arms for the further development of Polaris.
Polaris was launched in January 2021. Since then, the Rotarian content management system has not only helped clubs keep their pages up to date, plan events and check attendance; it has also become a real bestseller: Today, Polaris is used in a total of 17 districts beyond home.
The leader in the development and introduction of Polaris was long Red. Olivier Gardiol. In the meantime, he has passed the baton to Rot. Jan Trnka - and he is urgently looking for reinforcement. With Rotarian members Marion de Lattre-Wiesel, Olivier Gardiol, Serge Dupont and Philippe Schnyder, he has competent helpers at his side, but considering the growing popularity and the ever-increasing mountain of work, more helping hands are urgently needed. Perhaps you are predestined for this?
What you bring with you:
- You are a member of a Rotary Club in Switzerland or the Principality of Liechtenstein.
- You are fluent in both German and English (written and spoken).
- You have a soft spot for IT and technology, but have not necessarily completed a degree in this field.
- You have already become acquainted with Polaris as a Polaris administrator or CICO in your club and have become a fan.
- You can imagine investing around ten to 15 hours per week in our project over the next few years (at least three or more).
What you can expect:
- They look after a certain number of districts in all matters concerning Polaris.
- You maintain a close relationship with the responsible persons in your districts. Regular meetings with the local DICOs (about two to three times a year) are part of this, as is participation in the annual meeting with the governors and DICOs of all participating countries (once a year).
- You take over the organization and implementation of online workshops in your districts.
- They present Polaris to interested districts.
- They take over the creation and maintenance of relevant documents.
- You will actively help with the further development of the software by carrying out tests and processing corresponding tickets.
Have we made you curious? Then get in touch without obligation with Rot. Jan Trnka (email@example.com, 079 434 25 49). Polaris is looking forward to meeting you!