The Swiss/Liechtenstein Rotarian Action Group for Peace was founded on 28 March 2019 as a non-profit association governed by the Swiss Civil Code and by Rotary bylaws and policies. It is neutral politically and non-denominational.
The Action Group pursues the following objectives:
- Encourage Rotary Clubs and Districts to develop and implement service projects focused on peace, conflict prevention and/or resolution.
- Empower and support Rotarians, Rotaractors, Alumni Rotary Peace Fellows, Rotary Peace Fellows in training, members of Inner Wheel, and other interested parties by offering structure, guidance and resources to foster collective peace efforts and to promote peace and conflict prevention and/or resolution projects. In particular, but not limited to, it offers assistance and advice in:
- training leaders, including potential youth leaders, in conflict prevention and mediation;
- supporting peace-building in communities and regions affected by conflict;
- supporting studies for professionals related to peace and conflict prevention/resolution.
- Promote exchange of knowledge and experience between on-going Rotary projects on peace and conflict prevention/resolution and facilitate coordination efforts among these and new projects.
- Facilitate building bridges between existing and planned Rotary peace programs and Rotary Peace Fellows to allow them to become more directly involved with Rotarians and the various peace activities.
- Promote collaboration and exchange of knowledge and experience of Rotary related persons and institutions as well as other peace actors through the organisation of joint meetings and conferences
As such, the Action Group collaborates on peace projects with Clubs and Districts in Switzerland, Europe and worldwide. It thereby maintains close relations with Rotarians, Rotaractors, Alumni Rotary Peace Fellows, Rotary Peace Fellows in training, Members of Inner Wheel, and other Rotary sections and particularly collaborates closely with Rotary Peace Centers.