R1.3.6 is a last part of Release 1.3 of Polaris.
There are some bug fixes and some very important new features:
- Major usability improvements
were done in the administration. The concept of collapsible sections has been introduced in the edit actions. Because there is only one page, changes of dependent attributes are now much simpler.
This is a major improvement requested on the last assembly.
- The actions invoked from for the list views have their own icons. There are also visible as tabulators. The administration is now much more consistent and user friendly. This was also an assembly topic.
Please pay attention to the changed action icons in the lists.
- There is a new role called "Presence administration. This role allows capture of attendance and also issuance of compensations. Having the role "Admin(Full rights)" is not longer necessary for the presence officer.
- E-mails with embedded images are now be visible to users with Gmail accounts. The way how images are embedded has been changed to mitigate the bug in Gmail.
- There is a new way how main images are handled and displayed in the slider carousel, list views and the detail page. This is a major improvement requested on the last assembly.
In compliance with RI rules, Polaris will no longer support forward dated member transactions. In other words, it will only be possible to resign or transfer member on a pasted date.
Members may change their mind in short term or may die. Neither SEMDA
nor MyRotary currently allow forward dated transactions.
Resolving such cases in Polaris, SEMDA and MyRotary involves massive manual effort that we are no longer able to take on.
In the future, when MyRotary's interface enables such functionality, we'll be able to provide this convenience again.
For detailed information please contact your DICOs. They have access to the RedMine ticketing system containing the technical description of the fixes and new features.